We are all too familiar with the changes to open rates due to iOS15 and Mail Privacy Protection adoption. But what can you do to help mitigate these changes and increase your open rates? Try these best practices if you aren’t already and watch your open rates climb!
How To Increase Email Open Rates:
- Personalize the email and promotion (include details in the subject line or pre-header). Relevant emails drive 18x more revenue than broadcast emails.
- Include the recipient’s first name (if you have it) in the subject line.
- Use a compelling call to action to help grab the attention of mobile users. 90% of all emails are opened on mobile devices.
- People are busy and their inboxes can be overwhelming – so make your pre-header compelling to capture their attention.
- Using your Open Rate data, figure out which days of the week your customers are being actively engaged with your brand. If certain days (like weekends, for example) show lower open rates, don’t send important updates or offers then.
- Subject line testing – – test to see how your list responds to different subject lines. Using our Engage platform, A/B subject testing is readily available to make sure that we are providing our customers with the content they want to see.
- Always be sure to include call to action links in your emails so you have a second data point to capture. Mail Privacy Protection may cause a false positive on your open, but a click on a link is a definitive data point that can confirm engagement.
- Segment your eClub into three categories; high engagement, medium engagement, and low engagement. Tailor your frequency and messaging to these groups appropriately (e.g. low engagement users may need an even more compelling subject line or offer to open/engage).
- Refrain from using fully capitalized words. This can cause email providers to flag your messages as spam.
We hope you find these best practices useful and are able to increase your open rates and guest engagement by incorporating them into your email messaging program. Let us know how you’re doing – – we love hearing about client success stories!