Summer is in full swing, and it’s been a different kind of summer to navigate. With many states opening up and easing restrictions, consumers will most likely be planning more outdoor gatherings this season. Independence Day is this weekend and we’ve got a few tips on how you can help your guests host a socially distant backyard BBQ or picnic for the 4th of July.
Protect yourself and your guests.
- The CDC still continues to recommend masks and cloth face coverings while out in public. Consider having bottles of hand sanitizer readily available to include with order pickups at the restaurant. Hosts can have these out on their tables so that guests can feel safe when picking up their order.
- Send out clear instructions for pick up to minimize high traffic areas in your restaurant as well as current plans in place for continued cleaning and safety.
Determine your messaging.
2019 campaigns saw the following success:
- The keyword “Free” held the strongest engagement, with an average open rate of 24%. Many successful subject lines used wordplay with the word “Freedom” while offering a FREE promotion offer.
- Subject Lines with “Celebrate/Celebrating” was also a strong keyword with an open rate of 22%, outperforming the average industry rate.
- The highest open rate for Independence Day messages was on July 3 at 23%, one day before the holiday. The second highest open rate was on July 1 and had 22% engagement.
- Social media posts with images of the offer and concise campaign copy performed well and showed high engagement.
Finalize your promotions.
- Highlight your catering options or create family style meals with individually wrapped items for sanitary purposes.
- Offer themed decorations such as napkins, plates, or cups making your restaurant the one stop shop for the 4th of July.
Social distancing doesn’t mean you can’t have a fun gathering to celebrate this summer with your loved ones and favorite food & drinks from your local eateries. 4th of July is not cancelled!
To receive our latest news, blogs, and case studies straight to your inbox. No spam, we promise.