The lazy days of summer have come to an end – but with it, comes new opportunities for restaurants to tap into busy family life. Here are six strategies you can use to grab your guests’ attention:
1. Offer a “Back-to-School Week” special – Getting used to the “new schedule” can make it difficult to plan family outings. Make it easier for customers to choose your restaurant by highlighting kids’ meals and featuring options for children and a special that will compel parents to treat the whole family to an after-school meal.
2. Promote take-out orders – Take-out it is the perfect option for everyone on the go lacking the extra time to enjoy a leisurely meal or whip up something in their own kitchen. Promote a discount for take-out orders, tie it into your local school system calendar and create a promotion that lets guests come in for a quick meal or take-out.
3. Cater school sports events. Reach out to your local high school about catering for its sports teams, marching band, and other school-related groups. Most office Administrators and Booster Clubs have a preferred list of restaurant coupons or menus so getting their attention early is key. Game Day meals are often delivered after the lunch rush, usually between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. – creating an added day-part for your restaurant.
4. Segment wisely. If you have confidence that certain members of your eClub do not have children, then exclude them from any emails talking about kids or kids meals. The content is not going to be relevant to them and can lower open rates or cause them to be less engaged with future eClub communications.
5. Become the teacher’s pet. Treat teachers and staff to brownies or bagels during teacher professional days preceding the school year. Deliver the goodies to nearby schools along with promotional materials and coupons. Become a part of their busy morning routine by offering teachers free coffee with any breakfast sandwich throughout September.
6. Leverage your eClub. With class assignments, supply lists, and parent-teacher nights, parents check their emails frequently at the beginning of the school year. Take advantage of this by mentioning your promotions and specials in eClub communications.
See how Fishbowl can help you grow your restaurant traffic.
This blog was written by Heather Lawrence, Fishbowl’s Director of Marketing